Sunday, November 22, 2015

Pgastan FC Announces New GM

Pgastan Foul Club of the National Foul Association has announced their new GM hire at a press conference today. Here's what Team Owner and President Don Cage said at the introduction:

I am pleased to announce the 2nd GM in the history of Pgastan Foul Club is Nick Nalkin. Nick hails from Greenland but came to the States to pursue an Economics degree at Harvard University. We decided to switch things up and try to bring analytics into the NFA so that narrowed our search down quite a bit. A lot of GMS simply make their draft transactions based on a one-year sample or if a fouler gets hot and gets a lot of performance fouls in quick succession. We want to eliminate the flukyness of the NFA and therefore are going to try and analyze foulers like no one has ever done before. I will now hand the microphone over to Nick who has prepared a few words.

Nick Nalkin speaking at the press conference:

I had never heard of the sport of fouling growing up in Greenland, a Danish territory of just over 56,000 people. When I came to Boston for University, I became infatuated with the sport and decided that could be a career path for me. I had always dreamed of being a GM for a famous Football Club, or Soccer as you guys call it, but this GM position opened up and I decided to throw my name in the hat. I am excited about the opportunity ahead of me and will try my best to blaze new trails of fouler evaluation in the NFA. Thank you, I will not be taking questions at this time. 

Of course, only time will tell if this hire works out but, if you're a neutral or just like seeing great fouling this has to be exciting news. Unfortunately, we might not see the true results of this GM until next year when he can draft the team itself instead of trying to fix the mess left behind from Denny McDonk.

Check back tomorrow for the Week 4 Roundup.

No comments:

Post a Comment